Friday, February 04, 2005

The Telegraph Online
Mothers’ milk
By JESSIE SALISBURY, Telegraph Correspondent
Published: Friday, Feb. 4, 2005
"LYNDEBOROUGH - Jennifer Connel always assumed she would breast-feed her babies. “Breast-feeding is something only mothers can do,” she said recently while cuddling her second son, 6-week-old Preston. “It is the bonding time between you, and your child is getting the nutrition he is supposed to have.” But as fate would have it, Connel can’t breast-feed her sons. In 2002, Connel was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy. “I wasn’t married, but I knew I wanted children and I knew I wanted to breast-feed,” she said. “That was the most depressing thing about the cancer - I wouldn’t be able to.” A year later, married to Brandon Connel and expecting son Grayson, now 13 months old, she began searching for sources of human milk...."

No comments: