Monday, July 26, 2004

Tallahassee Democrat | 07/26/2004 | FDA warning upsets some nursing moms
Posted on Mon, Jul. 26, 2004
By Michael Precker
DALLAS MORNING NEWS
"Doreen Fisher eats organic food, doesn't touch red meat and tries to avoid taking medication. But when it comes to breast-feeding her son, she makes an exception. ''I don't even take an aspirin,' says Fisher, 36. 'But that's how passionate I feel about breast-feeding my child.' Because of a hormonal condition that limits her natural milk production, Fisher takes domperidone, which she says has enabled her to breast-feed her 8-month-old son, Stone...."


'It's worked wonderfully, and I've never seen any side effects,' says Fisher, who orders the drug from a pharmacy overseas. 'I don't know what I would do without it.'"

No comments: