Wednesday, March 19, 2003

84,000 Women Screened for Breast Cancer

AllAfrica.com
"...The president of the Women's Fellowship of VBC International, Tema, Mrs. Ellen Adjei Danso, on her part, said since women have still not received the needed protection, their reproductive rights are still being abused from their "infancy into adulthood and even unto death." She called on women to make breast-feeding of their children paramount on their agenda, adding "we've learnt that breast-feeding prevents breast cancer." Earlier, the women had embarked on a float through the principal streets of Tema, carrying placards with such inscriptions as "I am a woman, I need my breast," "Breast Cancer can kill, kill it now," "Hey Mum!, I need more breast milk," "Generations depend on your breast," "Daddy, leave the breast for me," "It could be you, support breast cancer campaign," among other inscriptions." [ An excerpt from an article on Ghana breast cancer awareness. - JC]

No comments: